Monday, August 1, 2011

Da Capo Lifestyle Caffe

Da Capo is a frequent stop for Nick and I (and my friends) when we're looking for a quick sweet treat or some great Italian pizza.

We had some time to kill in between the ceremony and the reception of a friend's wedding so Nick and I decided to grab a quick light lunch. The best words that come to mind when I describe there decor is cool and sterile - which sounds terrible, but I don't mean it that way. With it's low lighting, metal tables and chairs and minimal decorations, it gives off a very modern european vibe. Nick and I decided to settle on the patio to enjoy the sunshine.

I got an orangina to combat the heat, while Nick tried a beer from Montreal (I believe it was Palm Brewery) - which was really good. I ordered the Di Suhile - which was fantastic for a hot summer day. The crust was a little crunchier then typical thin crust pizza (I think due to the fact that most of the toppings weren't actually cooked with it), but it held the peppery delicious arugula, bresaola, parmesan and grape tomatoes well. All the flavours screamed light classic italian fair and I couldn't stop eating it! Nick got the Di Davide. The tomato sauce they use (just crushed tomatoes?) is so fresh and light! Along with the salty ricotta and crunchy pie nuts, I had to sneak many bites.

Unfortunately I was plagued with a very spontaneous nose bleed (which pretty much ruins any meal outing) so we had to leave before enjoying some of their gelato. However, from previous experience (of which I have quite a bit) I can tell you the Kinder Surprise is great! We'll definitely have to do a return trip to make up for my ailment!

Da Capo Lifestyle Caffè on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment