Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pita Chips

I got a Misto for Christmas and had no clue what it was or what it did - but a little googling and voila! I now own my very own stainless steel olive oil sprayer! After figuring out how to use it (ie. more googling) I decided to use it to make pita chips!


Pita Chips

4 pitas, ripped into single layer, bite size pieces
Seasoning of Choice (I pre-mixed seasons are great here, I used steak spice)
Olive Oil

Place the ripped pieces of pita onto a baking sheet. Using your Misto, spray the pita pieces with olive oil. If you don't have a Misto, you can you a pastry brush to lightly coat the pieces, or if you're very skilled, just drizzle it on. You want only a very small amount of oil on each piece. Top with seasonings and place under the broiler until the pitas start to brown and crisp.

So easy! And so much cheaper/healthier then the store bought chips. We picked up a roasted red pepper dip that went great with these. Hello, my new after-work snack!


No comments:

Post a Comment