Monday, December 26, 2011

Serving Board

First of all, welcome to my updated blog! Hopefully now that Nick has helped me re-do the layout for thing into something I can stand looking at, I'll update more regularly.


The holiday season is upon us and I've volunteered to make a bunch of things for family and friend dinners. Being the young, apartment living women that I am, I don't own a single serving platter (and wouldn't have the space for it if I did).  Years back when we were kids and my mom would make fun birthday cakes, she'd place them on cardboard sheets wrapped in tissue paper. So I thought I'd take this idea and run with it for a dessert I needed to find a plate for.


 So I took a large piece of cardboard (making sure it hadn't been bent before - ie. flimsy) and some self adhesive wrapping paper and turned it into....




 
THIS!

 I then place my delicious Chocolate Peppermint Roll (recipe from Joy the baker) on it for the party.



I was really pleased how it looked, and the waxy-ness of this self adhesive paper was great from preventing the moisture of the cake/ganache from seeping into the cardboard and turning it into a flimsy mess. A great alternative for the serving platter deficient!

No comments:

Post a Comment