Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cilantro Pesto


I'm on a bit of a cilantro kick these days. I decided to make a pesto out of it so that I could coat everything I eat with it (okay, not completely true, but I have made 2 side dishes with it for holiday dinners).

Cilantro Pesto

1 bundle fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 cup grated parmesan (this recipe is not the place for the powdery Kraft stuff)
1/8 cup toasted pie nuts (or pumpkin pepitas, or pistachios)
2 garlic cloves, diced
generous splash of lemon juice and olive oil
salt and pepper

Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until it looks like pesto. Taste and adjust seasoning. This recipe makes about a 1/2 cup of pesto, which is enough to use generously in 2 to 4 meals.

I love having this on asparagus and mushrooms, but will work great with pasta/gnocchi as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment