Saturday, February 11, 2012

Laksa

My friend Joy made this for us at her house warming party and I've been craving it ever since. Laksa is a Malaysian noodle soup and it is delicious. Spicy, tangy and very quick to make.

Laksa

Stock

2 Tbsp oil
1 heaping Tbsp of red curry paste
3 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
1 piece of lemongrass, pounded
1 small knob ginger
1 can coconut milk
1/2 lime, juiced

Toppings

Vermicelli noodles, cooked
Shrimp, or crab
Bean Sprouts
Shredded Carrots
Sliced Cucumber
Hard boiled egg slices
Cilantro
Lime Wedges

In a stockpot, add the oil and saute the curry paste until aromatic.

Add the chicken broth, lemongrass, and ginger knob and bring the a boil.

Lower the heat to simmer. Add the coconut milk and lime juice. Keep the stock on simmer and let the flavors come together for 10 minutes or so. This broth shouldn't be thick, so add water or more chicken stock if necessary.


Remove the ginger and lemongrass. Pour broth over vermicelli noodles. Add the toppings of your choice and enjoy!







PS: Did you all notice my beautiful new white plates? Crate and Barrel is my new obsession, and I just recently replaced all my mismatched IKEA dishware with a gorgeous red and white set! I also got some amazing "giant bowls" from Stokes to serve vermicelli dishes and Thai/Vietnamese food in. So happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment