Sunday, October 7, 2012

Let's give this another go....

I stopped blogging because Blogspot stopped letting me be able to search for my own recipes.* It seemed pointless to keep up with this when I couldn't even go back and locate the recipe I wanted to remake...

But, I've been getting a lot of requests for recipes these days and blogging seems to be the easiest way to share them. So I took on the (tedious) job of making a Recipe Index which now houses links to all my previously blogged recipes. I never checked any of the links, so let me know if something doesn't work (Trolls are the internet's natural QA, is it not?).

I've also learned a lot about myself and the recipes through making this index:
(1) I'm terrible at witty blogging banter, so I'm just going to stick to posting the recipe and not try to preface it with any of my comments.
(2) I overuse the word "homemade" - why wouldn't any of these recipes be homemade?!?! The redundancy ends today!
(3) I've gotten A LOT better at cooking even in this somewhat short blogging hiatus. And while I still cook a lot of these recipes, there is also A LOT that I've changed dramatically or don't cook at all. I'll be going back and making corrections and will only be adding the recipes that make me impressed with my own cooking abilities.**

What's also changed is that I'm now a Master's Student. My time becomes sporadically limited with upcoming exams, abstract deadlines and thesis writing, so I make no promises on being consistent with this thing.

So let's give this another go!


*Seriously, I'd type in Chicken and it would come back at me with Pickly Beef Stroganoff or Chocolate Crinkle cookies.... Not what I had in mind Blogspot.

**People laugh at me when I tell them this, but despite my decent homecooking ability, I start happy dancing and ask Nick to give me high-fives on a regular occurrence when I get a recipe right. I guess that's why I continue to cook, it still continues to make me think I'm awesome.

1 comment: